April 29, 2010

All I Want

Outfit Post
Outfit Post
Outfit Post
Outfit Post
Outfit Post
Legs
Alive, alive, I want to get up and jive
I want to wreck my stockings in some juke box dive


'All I really really want our love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you
I want to talk to you, I want to shampoo you
I want to renew you again and again
Applause, applause - life is our cause
When I think of your kisses my mind see-saws
Do you see - do you see - do you see how you hurt me baby
So I hurt you too then we both get so blue'
- Joni Mitchell

Dress: Vintage from Thirteen-Eighty-Five.

I would exclaim at being a really terrible blogger but I always think that sounds a bit boring so I'm going to skip past it! I've had an extra difficult week, and Joni Mitchell is the only thing that's keeping me going - I got accused yesterday of channelling her which is fine by me! So I've been listening to my favourite album of hers, Blue, over and over and being cheered up by the postman delivering letters and things every other day! A few of my favourite penpals, and this gorgeous 1940s rayon dress from Francesca at Thirteen-Eighty-Five. Not only is it the prettiest dress I now own, but the packaging was so lovely and she even slipped in some bobby pins (which was perfect timing, I am terrible with losing bobby pins!) which I was pretty thrilled with! I took some pictures of that and the letters I've received over the last few days, which I'll save for a separate post.

It's been so long since I've taken self portraits, it was a bit strange to be doing it again and running back and forth from the camera. I think the last time I took photographs of myself was about a year ago! But it was quite fun too, and although this can't exactly be classed as an "outfit post" since all I have on is a dress, I plan to do more. Lately I've been wearing the same handful of things from my wardrobe, so maybe it will spur me on to think up more interesting combinations!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:26 PM

    I do declare, what a pretty post!

    Joni Mitchell is very wonderful.

    As is your dress! It's so delicate and floral! I think you should do lots more outfit posts, with or without fancy outfits. I especially love the photo of you sitting on the windowsill, the one right above the one where you're trying to stop your head falling off.

    The lighting is gorgeous, and the colours.
    Glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 PM

    so lovely and delicate.. intensely pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Hi

    Found your set on flickr. Joni Mitchell lyrics are gorgeous, so are you! Very sensual.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear becky! i relished your comments, thank you so much :) i too love letter-writing. emails don't so justice sometimes. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vrinda - Thank you my love! And yes, Joni Mitchell is quite wonderful. I should probably get more of her albums though instead of just listening to Blue over and over again! The dress is still on my curtain rail waiting to be re-hemmed. Aaand, this is an official comment reply, even if it isn't the one I'm still sure I wrote yesterday!

    Anonymous - Thank you very much, that's really sweet of you!

    Fiona - Thank you! And they are gorgeous, aren't they? My favourites of hers I think.

    Cinta - You're welcome, dear! Thank you for coming a-visiting to my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i almost bought this dress! it looks beautiful on you! you could match it with some hunter boots and an over-sized cardigan to look straight out of the edge of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you did? I was stalking it for ages before I finally decided to but am so pleased with it! And thank you, it reminded me of the Edge of Love too, will definitely be tracking down the perfect cardigan to pair with it!

    ReplyDelete